Saturday, September 17, 2016

A Good Day

I spent the day with Jillyn, she picked me up at the Empress and we drove to Duncan to see the memorial bench that Ty had dedicated to Pete. When we arrived Jillyn gave me a feather that had been Petes. Feathers have significance in Native beliefs and Pete believed in many of their virtues and values. So, I took the feather as a meaning of great honor, it is something I will treasure. We sat and talked about Pete and life for quite a while. Then we went down to the river and saw where Charlie would go swimming. It is without a doubt a beautiful peaceful spot. I can certainly understand why it was Petes favorite hangout.

Jillyn and I on the bench

Cowichan River, right below the bench

Cowichan River

Needs no words
After a great day with Jillyn I meet up with the girls and Taylor. We drove out to Costco and then out to dinner. Had a great dinner at 10 Acres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment